for those moments you want to relive again and again…
Hi, I’m Maggie! I’m a Chicago family photographer capturing unscripted moments and beautiful portraits.
This page is your go-to destination for all the details for my family photography services, including:
- Why I’ve been named a top Chicago family photographer
- A guide to my favorite Chicago photo locations
- Current pricing
- What each package includes
- What to expect during your photoshoot
- How to get the most out of your family session session
- How to display your photos
A little about me, and why have I been named a top Chicago family photographer?
I started taking pictures as a teenager, even developing my own film basement darkroom. I have a degree in photojournalism but also love the arts. This combination inspires my style. I want to show the real AND the pretty.
When I’m not snapping pics, you might catch me dancing with my sons, practicing a handstand, or exploring a new neighborhood in the city.
On a personal level, as a mom of two, a small-business owner, and wife of a man who works evenings, I can truly relate to the many logistics parents juggle on a daily basis. That is why I do all I can to make the process not just smooth, but really fun.
A guide to the most photogenic spots in the city, from this Chicago family photographer’s humble perspective
In a city full of iconic architecture and beautiful landscaping, choosing a spot for your family photos can feel overwhelming. Talk about decision fatigue! To help my family clients out, I’ve created a guide to my favorite Chicago family photography locations, both outdoors and in. Follow the links below to find the full guides.
Simple with just the right ingredients.
What’s included and how much does it cost?
Every family photography session includes:
- a phone or email consultation
- style and prep guidance
- online gallery within 10 days
- print-ready digital files
2022 Family photography Pricing Guide
Family Photography Pricing
- Sessions outside of Chicago are subject to a $200 travel charge.
- Mini sessions are only available on weekdays.
- One-hour sessions are $100 off on weekdays (Monday-Thursday) May-Nov.
- Bundle packages are available and include a built-in discount.
“The photos are stunning! You would never know that Eve was melting down almost the entire time. We are so appreciative of the beautiful work!”
What should you expect from your Chicago family photographer?
Before your session. I’ve created a simple system to make scheduling super simple. You receive direct access to my availability and select a time that works for you.
Once booked. I provide recommendations for convenient locations depending on where YOU live and the type of background you prefer. When it comes to what to wear, a question EVERYONE asks about, I provide guidance for how to pull your looks together and places to shop depending on your taste. I also give helpful tips to prepare–tricks of the trade you could call them, to make things go a bit smoother on the day of your photoshoot.
And more. I know you probably have many more questions. Don’t worry! I have a page dedicated to frequently asked questions about my family photoshoots and a survival guide for getting the most out of your family photoshoot, including:
- In a big city like Chicago, how ever will we find each other?
- What’s the booking process like?
- Do I take portraits or just documentary photos?
- What to wear for your family photos
- What happens if there’s a melt-down?
- What if your partner’s not into pictures?
- What to expect from me, your Chicago family photographer?
- How & when you’ll receive the pictures
- Do I retouch your photos?
- How to display your pictures?
If you’d rather chat through everything on the phone, I’d love to connect! You can schedule a quick phone call here.